On Thursday, January 31st, Oregon State took on California and suffered a close loss to the Golden Bears 71-68 in conference play. The Beavers got a game-high 25 points and five rebounds from Roberto Nelson. Joe Burton had 14 points and added eight rebounds. For the Golden Bears, Allen Crabbe got a team-high 15 points and eight rebounds. Oregon State (11-10, 1-7 Pac 12) heads to Stanford (13-8, 4-4 Pac 12) on Sunday, February 3rd.
Oregon State Game Notes
- Oregon State started 11-10 during the 2002, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- OSU beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Beavers have beaten the spread.
- The Beavers have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Oregon State has lost 30 close games.
- Oregon State has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after recording 68 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.2% or better this season, Oregon State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Beavers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Beavers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Roberto Nelson accounted for 36.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Eric Moreland and Joe Burton) accounted for 47.2% of the rebounds.
- Roberto Nelson has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Eric Moreland has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Roberto Nelson's career.
- Roberto Nelson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Roberto Nelson had a career high with 10 field goals made.
- Ahmad Starks has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Devon Collier has 4 straight double-digit point games.
California Game Notes
- California won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Golden Bears won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, California has lost 27 close games.
- Allen Crabbe recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Allen Crabbe and Justin Cobbs) accounted for 40.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Allen Crabbe and Richard Solomon) accounted for 51.7% of the rebounds.
- Allen Crabbe has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Justin Cobbs set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Allen Crabbe has 5 straight double-digit point games.