Oregon State 68
(11-10, 1-4 away)
(12-8, 9-4 home)
Venue: Haas Pavilion
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||R Nelson 25
||E Moreland 9
||J Burton 8
||A Crabbe 15
||A Crabbe 8
||J Cobbs 7
On Thursday, January 31st, California got by Oregon State 71-68 in conference action. Allen Crabbe was exceptional for the Golden Bears and got a team-high 15 points and eight rebounds. Robert Thurman had eight points and added six rebounds. For the Beavers, Roberto Nelson finished with a game-high 25 points and five rebounds. California (12-8, 4-4 Pac 12) takes on 10th-ranked Oregon (18-3, 7-1 Pac 12) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
California Game Notes
- California started 12-8 during the 2006, 1999, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Golden Bears have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, California has won 26 close games.
- California has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its field goal percentage has been 49.2% or better.
- The Golden Bears have won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after recording 71 or more total points.
- California has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 8 or fewer free throws made.
- This season California has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Justin Cobbs has 14 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Robert Thurman has 4 field goals made or more, and 71% of the time (5-2) when Allen Crabbe has 3 three-pointers or more.
- The Golden Bears set season highs for assists, field goals made, and three-pointers.
- The last time California recorded at least 9 three-pointers was Dec 19, 2011 against UC-Santa Barbara.
- California set season lows for free throws made and rebounds.
- California has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Golden Bears came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--California has a 5.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Allen Crabbe recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Allen Crabbe and Justin Cobbs) accounted for 40.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Allen Crabbe and Richard Solomon) accounted for 51.7% of the rebounds.
- Allen Crabbe has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Justin Cobbs had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Allen Crabbe has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Oregon State Game Notes
- The Beavers have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Oregon State has lost 30 close games.
- Roberto Nelson accounted for 36.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Eric Moreland and Joe Burton) accounted for 47.2% of the rebounds.
- Roberto Nelson has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Eric Moreland has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Roberto Nelson's career.
- Roberto Nelson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Roberto Nelson set a career high with 10 field goals made.
- Ahmad Starks has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Devon Collier has 4 straight double-digit point games.