Brigham Young 63
(17-6, 5-5 away)
(10-11, 5-5 home)
Venue: Firestone Fieldhouse
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||T Haws 21
||B Davies 12
||M Carlino 4
||S Davis 17
||J Raines 8
||L Jackson 7
Brigham Young snuck past Pepperdine 63-61 in West Coast play on Thursday, January 31st. Brigham Young found themselves down 31-20 at halftime, but put together a big second-half push to salvage the win. The Cougars now have a record of 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Cougars got a double-double out of Brandon Davies with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Tyler Haws had a game-high 21 points and added three assists. For the Waves, Stacy Davis got a team-high 17 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Brigham Young (17-6, 7-2 West Coast) welcomes Santa Clara (17-6, 5-3 West Coast).
Brigham Young Game Notes
- Brigham Young started 17-6 during the 2006 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cougars have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Brigham Young has won 18 close games.
- Brigham Young has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when its three-point percentage has been 37.5% or better.
- The Cougars have won 86% of the time this season (12-2) after recording 6 or more three-pointers.
- Brigham Young has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- BYU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- BYU has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 30.0% three-point percentage.
- This season Brigham Young has won 77% of the time (10-3) when Tyler Haws has 21 points or more, 88% of the time (7-1) when Brandon Davies plays 33 minutes or more, and 88% of the time (7-1) when Nate Austin has 6 rebounds or more.
- BYU set a season low for free throws made.
- Brigham Young has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Cougars came back after being down at halftime.
- Tyler Haws accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Brandon Davies accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Tyler Haws has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 23 games this season.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Brandon Davies's career.
- Brandon Davies has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Davies recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 19th of his career.
- Matt Carlino has 9 straight double-digit point games.
Pepperdine Game Notes
- The Waves have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Pepperdine has lost 25 close games.
- The top two scorers (Stacy Davis and Nikolas Skouen) accounted for 54.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jett Raines and Moriba De Freitas) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Stacy Davis has led the team in scoring 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Jett Raines has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 21 games this season.
- Nikolas Skouen set career highs with 16 points, 6 field goals made, and 4 three-pointers.
- Lorne Jackson set a career high with 5 steals.
- Jordan Baker has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|B||M. De Freitas||21||0||7||2||1||2||2|