(8-15, 2-9 away)
Santa Clara 70
(17-6, 11-4 home)
Venue: Leavey Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||R Nicholas 14
||R Nicholas 8
||B Pressley 4
||M Trasolini 23
||Y Atanga 13
||E Roguemore 6
Santa Clara held Portland to only 25% from the floor and thumped the Pilots 70-46 in conference play on Thursday, January 31st. Santa Clara went up 36-18 at the half and continued to play well in the second half. The Broncos got a double-double out of Marc Trasolini with a game-high 23 points and 13 rebounds. Yannick Atanga also had a great game, scoring four points and adding 13 rebounds. For the Pilots, Bryce Pressley got eight points and four assists. Next up for Santa Clara (17-6, 5-3 West Coast) is Brigham Young (17-6, 7-2 West Coast) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:17 left to go.
- The last time SCU started the season 17-6 was 1997.
- The win over Portland extended the Santa Clara winning streak to 5 games.
- SCU beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- This was the 8th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SCU has been on the winning end of 26 blowout games.
- Santa Clara has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- The Broncos have won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after recording 40 or more rebounds.
- SCU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 46 or fewer total points.
- SCU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 16.7% three-point percentage.
- This season Santa Clara has won 79% of the time (11-3) when Raymond Cowels III has 11 points or more and 82% of the time (9-2) when Kevin Foster has 5 assists or more.
- SCU set a season low for steals.
- The Broncos have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--SCU has a 12.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Marc Trasolini recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- Marc Trasolini accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- Marc Trasolini accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Marc Trasolini has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 13 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Marc Trasolini's career.
- Marc Trasolini has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Marc Trasolini recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 12th of his career.
- Marc Trasolini had career highs with 11 field goals made and 11 defensive rebounds.
- Yannick Atanga recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Yannick Atanga had career highs with 13 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
Portland Game Notes
- Portland lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Portland has been on the losing end of 24 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Pilots losing streak to 5 games.
- Bryce Pressley recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- Ryan Nicholas accounted for 30.4% of the team's points.
- Ryan Nicholas accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Nicholas has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 19 times in 23 games this season.
- Ryan Nicholas has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|C||T. van der Mars||24||6||5||0||0||0||2|
|C+||R. Cowels III||23||11||2||0||0||1||3|