SE Louisiana 70
(8-11, 2-9 away)
Central Arkansas 69
(8-11, 5-5 home)
Venue: Farris Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 31, 2013
||R Johnson 28
||R Johnson 14
||B Fortenberry 6
||R Crawford 17
||R Crawford 8
||D Berete 4
Central Arkansas was narrowly defeated by Southeastern Louisiana 70-69 in conference play on Thursday, January 31st. With the loss, the Bears stay winless against Southeastern Louisiana this season at 0-2. The Bears were led by Robert Crawford, who put up a team-high 17 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. LaQuentin Miles also put in a solid contribution, scoring 15 points and adding five rebounds. Roosevelt Johnson recorded a double-double for the Lions on a season-high 28 points and 14 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Central Arkansas (8-11, 3-6 SLC) welcomes Nicholls State (6-13, 5-4 SLC).
Central Arkansas Game Notes
- The Bears have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Central Arkansas has lost 25 close games.
- Central Arkansas has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 69 or fewer total points.
- The Bears have lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after having a three-point percentage of 35.0% or worse.
- Central Arkansas has lost 88% of the time this season (1-7) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- The Bears have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UCA has a 7.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- LaQuentin Miles recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 23.
- The top two scorers (Robert Crawford and LaQuentin Miles) accounted for 46.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Crawford and Terrell Brown) accounted for 40.5% of the rebounds.
- Robert Crawford has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- LaQuentin Miles has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Robert Crawford had career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
Southeastern Louisiana Game Notes
- The Lions won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 28 close games.
- Roosevelt Johnson recorded a team season high in points with 28, defensive rebounds with 13, and field goals attempted with 18.
- Roosevelt Johnson accounted for 40.0% of the team's points.
- Roosevelt Johnson accounted for 43.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Roosevelt Johnson has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Brandon Fortenberry has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Roosevelt Johnson's career.
- Roosevelt Johnson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Roosevelt Johnson recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 16th of his career.
- Roosevelt Johnson set career highs with 28 points, a 67% three-point percentage, and 5 assists.