Northwestern State 85
(13-6, 4-5 away)
(2-19, 1-5 home)
Venue: Montagne Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 31, 2013
||D Hicks 22
||D Hicks 9
||S Davis 6
||S Brown 28
||S Brown 12
||D Minor 6
Lamar faced off with Northwestern State on Thursday, January 31st and was thumped by the Demons 85-63 in conference play. With the loss, the Cardinals remain winless against Northwestern State this season at 0-2. Stanford Brown picked up a double-double in a losing effort including a career-high 28 points and 12 rebounds. Rhon Mitchell had 15 points and added six rebounds. For the Demons, DeQuan Hicks got a team-high 22 points and nine rebounds. Lamar (2-19, 0-9 SLC) gets Stephen F. Austin (17-2, 8-1 SLC) at home on Saturday, February 2nd.
Lamar Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:30 left to go.
- Lamar has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 0 or fewer three-pointers.
- The Cardinals have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a three-point percentage of 0.0% or worse.
- Lamar has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after committing 23 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 85 or more total points this season, Lamar has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 7 or more blocks this season, Lamar has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition commits 17 or fewer turnovers this season, Lamar has lost 95% of the time (1-19).
- Lamar set season lows for blocks, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- The Cardinals have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 6 games.
- Lamar has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 21 games.
- Stanford Brown recorded a team season high in points with 28 and field goals made with 13.
- Stanford Brown accounted for 44.4% of the team's points.
- Stanford Brown accounted for 32.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Stanford Brown has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 13 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Stanford Brown's career.
- Stanford Brown recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 4th of his career.
- Stanford Brown had career highs with 28 points and 13 field goals made.
Northwestern State Game Notes
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (18).
- The bench recorded more points (63) than the starters (22).
- DeQuan Hicks has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 8 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of DeQuan Hicks's career.
- DeQuan Hicks has 9 straight double-digit point games.