Arkansas lost a close one to Alabama 59-56 in conference play on Thursday, January 31st. Michael Qualls put up nine points plus six rebounds for the Razorbacks. Marshawn Powell had 11 points and added five rebounds. Devonta Pollard finished with seven points and seven rebounds for the Crimson Tide. Arkansas (12-8, 3-4 SEC) hosts Tennessee (11-8, 3-4 SEC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Arkansas Game Notes
- The last time Arkansas started the season 12-8 was 1996.
- Arkansas beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Razorbacks have beaten the spread.
- Arkansas has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- Arkansas set a season low for field goals made.
- Arkansas has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (B.J. Young and Marshawn Powell) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Coty Clarke and Michael Qualls) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- B.J. Young has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- Coty Clarke has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Marshawn Powell has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Marshawn Powell.
Alabama Game Notes
- Alabama won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Crimson Tide won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama has lost 29 close games.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Lacey and Trevor Releford) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Trevor Lacey has led the team in scoring 8 times in 20 games this season.
- Moussa Gueye has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Trevor Releford has 4 straight double-digit point games.