(12-8, 0-5 away)
(13-7, 10-3 home)
Venue: Coleman Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||B Young 14
||C Clarke 6
||B Young 4
||T Lacey 14
||D Pollard 7
||L Randolph 3
On Thursday, January 31st, Alabama took on Arkansas and held on to beat the Razorbacks 59-56 in SEC action. The Crimson Tide got the win with seven points and seven rebounds from Devonta Pollard. Levi Randolph had nine points and added four rebounds. Michael Qualls finished with nine points and six rebounds for the Razorbacks. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Alabama (13-7, 5-2 SEC) goes to Vanderbilt (8-11, 2-5 SEC).
Alabama Game Notes
- Alabama started 13-7 during the 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Crimson Tide have won 7 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Alabama has won 27 close games.
- The Crimson Tide have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 38 or more rebounds.
- Alabama has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.2% field goal percentage.
- Alabama has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Alabama has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Trevor Lacey has 14 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Moussa Gueye has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Crimson Tide set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time Alabama recorded at least 21 turnovers was Dec 01, 2010 against South Alabama.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Alabama has a 7.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Lacey and Trevor Releford) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Trevor Lacey has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- Moussa Gueye has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Trevor Releford has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Arkansas Game Notes
- The top two scorers (B.J. Young and Marshawn Powell) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Coty Clarke and Michael Qualls) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- B.J. Young has led the team in scoring 9 times in 20 games this season.
- Coty Clarke has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Marshawn Powell has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Marshawn Powell.