Montana State 68
(9-10, 1-8 away)
Eastern Washington 72
(6-15, 6-4 home)
Venue: Reese Court
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, January 31, 2013
||F Davis 12
||P Egwuonwu 7
||A Biglow 5
||C Chiverton 20
||V Jois 14
||V Jois 7
Eastern Washington knocked off Montana State 72-68 in conference action on Thursday, January 31st. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Venky Jois had an impressive game for the Eagles and put up eight points plus 14 rebounds (7 Ast 3 Blk). Kevin Winford had 13 points and added seven rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). For the Bobcats, Paul Egwuonwu finished with 10 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Eastern Washington (6-15, 4-7 Big Sky) hosts Montana (15-4, 11-0 Big Sky).
Eastern Washington Game Notes
- Eastern Washington started 6-15 during the 2009 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- EWU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Eastern Washington has won 25 close games.
- Eastern Washington has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--EWU has a 1.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Colin Chiverton and Parker Kelly) accounted for 48.6% of the points.
- Venky Jois accounted for 34.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Colin Chiverton has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Venky Jois has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 21 games this season.
- Kevin Winford had career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Venky Jois recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Colin Chiverton's career.
Montana State Game Notes
- Montana State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Bobcats have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Montana State has lost 23 close games.
- Flavien Davis has led the team in scoring 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Paul Egwuonwu has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 19 games this season.