Idaho State 63
(4-16, 1-12 away)
Northern Colorado 78
(6-13, 5-3 home)
Venue: Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, January 31, 2013
||M Morgan 18
||N Walters 7
||T Sanchez 3
||P Garnica 21
||D Barden 8
||T Svihovec 6
On Thursday, January 31st, Idaho State was outscored 45-24 from beyond the arc by Northern Colorado and was easily defeated by the Bears 78-63 in conference play. The game was competitive in the first half, as Idaho State trailed just 29-28 at halftime, but they couldn't keep pace in the second half and were eventually blown out. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Neveij Walters put up 10 points plus seven rebounds for the Bengals. Melvin Morgan had 18 points and added two rebounds. For the Bears, Paul Garnica got a season-high 21 points (3 Reb 3 Stl), including 6-of-8 shooting from three-point range. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Idaho State (4-16, 3-8 Big Sky) travels to North Dakota (8-12, 5-6 Big Sky).
Idaho State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:36 left to go.
- The last time ISU started the season 4-16 was 1998.
- Idaho State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 9 or fewer free throws made.
- Idaho State has lost 75% of the time this season (3-9) after committing 11 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 7 or more steals this season, Idaho State has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition commits 12 or fewer turnovers this season, Idaho State has lost 80% of the time (3-12).
- Idaho State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Melvin Morgan and Neveij Walters) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Neveij Walters and Andre` Hatchett) accounted for 48.1% of the rebounds.
- Melvin Morgan has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- Neveij Walters has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- Melvin Morgan has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- Paul Garnica recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- The top two scorers (Paul Garnica and Tim Huskisson) accounted for 46.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Derrick Barden and Connor Osborne) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Paul Garnica has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 19 games this season.
- Tevin Svihovec has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Tate Unruh set a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Paul Garnica's career.
- Paul Garnica set a career high with 6 three-pointers.