On an evening when the Mavericks shot 63% from the floor, IPFW stumbled against Nebraska-Omaha 86-79 in conference play. The Mastodons even the season series against Nebraska-Omaha at 1-1 with the loss. Frank Gaines got a game-high 32 points and nine rebounds in a losing effort. Luis Jacobo had 16 points and added four rebounds. For the Mavericks, C.J. Carter finished with seven points and eight rebounds. IPFW (10-14, 3-7 Summit League) gets South Dakota State (17-6, 8-2 Summit League) at home on Thursday, February 7th.
IPFW Game Notes
- IPFW started 10-14 during the 2011, 2008, and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- The Mastodons have lost 83% of the time this season (2-10) after having a three-point percentage of 31.6% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0% or better this season, IPFW has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- IPFW has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Mastodons opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Frank Gaines recorded a team season high in field goals made with 11.
- Frank Gaines accounted for 40.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Frank Gaines and Michael Kibiloski) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- Frank Gaines has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 35th 20-point game of Frank Gaines's career.
- Frank Gaines had career highs with 32 points and 11 field goals made.
- Isaiah McCray had a career high with 5 assists.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Joseph Edwards.
Nebraska-Omaha Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Justin Simmons and Marcus Tyus) accounted for 52.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Carter and Alex Phillips) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Justin Simmons has led the team in scoring 13 times in 23 games this season.
- C.J. Carter has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Justin Simmons's career.
- Justin Simmons has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- C.J. Carter set career highs with 8 rebounds, 8 defensive rebounds, and 6 assists.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Marcus Tyus's career.
- John Karhoff has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for John Karhoff.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Alex Phillips.