On Thursday, January 31st, Weber State waxed North Dakota 66-51 in conference action. The game was still close at the half, with Weber State up 29-26, but North Dakota couldn't keep pace in the second half and was blown out. With a record of 2-0, the Wildcats stay undefeated against North Dakota this season. The Wildcats got a double-double out of Frank Otis with a career-high 20 points and 12 rebounds. Joel Bolomboy also had an excellent outing, scoring nine points and adding nine rebounds. For the Fighting Sioux, Josh Schuler got a team-high 12 points and five rebounds. Weber State (14-5, 9-2 Big Sky) takes on Northern Colorado (6-13, 4-7 Big Sky) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Weber State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:29 left to go.
- Weber State started 14-5 during the 2002 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Weber State beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- The Wildcats have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 40 or more rebounds.
- Weber State has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- Weber State has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Weber State has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Davion Berry has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Davion Berry accounted for 31.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Frank Otis and Joel Bolomboy) accounted for 52.5% of the rebounds.
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Frank Otis has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Davion Berry's career.
- Davion Berry has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Frank Otis's career.
- Frank Otis recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- Frank Otis had career highs with 20 points, 8 field goals made, and 7 offensive rebounds.
North Dakota Game Notes
- North Dakota lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Huff and Josh Schuler) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Josh Schuler has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Troy Huff has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 20 games this season.
- This was the 7th foul out of the season for Mitch Wilmer.