South Dakota 54
(8-14, 3-9 away)
South Dakota State 67
(17-6, 11-0 home)
Venue: Frost Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 31, 2013
|South Dakota State
||C Kasperbauer 15
||T Flack 6
||J Myles 3
|South Dakota State
||N Wolters 19
||J Dykstra 14
||C White 3
South Dakota State topped South Dakota 67-54 in Summit League play on a night when they turned the ball over only eight times. The Jackrabbits now have a record of 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Jordan Dykstra got 18 points and 14 rebounds for the Jackrabbits, earning a double-double. Nate Wolters had a game-high 19 points and added seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Coyotes, Casey Kasperbauer got a team-high 15 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when South Dakota State (17-6, 8-2 Summit League) welcomes Missouri-Kansas City (6-17, 3-7 Summit League).
South Dakota State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:20 left to go.
- The last time SDSU started the season 17-6 was 2011.
- The win over South Dakota extended the South Dakota State winning streak to 6 games.
- South Dakota State has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its three-point percentage has been 40.9% or better.
- The Jackrabbits have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 36 or more rebounds.
- SDSU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- SDSU has won 85% of the time this season (11-2) after holding an opponent to under 35.7% three-point percentage.
- This season South Dakota State has won 71% of the time (10-4) when Nate Wolters has 19 points or more, 71% of the time (12-5) when Brayden Carlson plays 30 minutes or more, and 87% of the time (13-2) when Tony Fiegen has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Jackrabbits set a season high for steals.
- The Jackrabbits have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--SDSU has a 13.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- The top two scorers (Nate Wolters and Jordan Dykstra) accounted for 55.2% of the points.
- Jordan Dykstra accounted for 38.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 23 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 23 games this season.
- Nate Wolters has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Fiegen has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Dykstra has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 7th of his career.
- Jordan Dykstra had career highs with 14 rebounds and 5 offensive rebounds.
South Dakota Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Casey Kasperbauer and Brandon Bos) accounted for 40.7% of the points.
- Casey Kasperbauer has led the team in scoring 5 times in 22 games this season.
- Tyler Flack has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 22 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Tyler Flack.