Morehead State 74
(11-12, 3-9 away)
(18-4, 9-1 home)
Venue: Curb Event Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||A Warner 16
||K Owens 8
||D Atkinson 6
||K Johnson 25
||J Mann 8
||J Mann 5
Belmont squared off with Morehead State on Thursday, January 31st and easily knocked off the Eagles 93-74 in OVC play. It was all Belmont from the beginning and they led 55-36 at the half. With a record of 2-0, the Bruins stay unbeaten against Morehead State this season. J.J. Mann played brilliantly for the Bruins and got 14 points plus eight rebounds. Kerron Johnson also had a solid outing, scoring a season-high 25 points and adding three rebounds. For the Eagles, Drew Kelly finished with 14 points and five rebounds. Next up for Belmont (18-4, 9-0 OVC) is Tennessee Tech (8-13, 2-7 OVC) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Belmont Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:53 left to go.
- The last time Belmont started the season 18-4 was 2010.
- The win over Morehead State extended the Belmont winning streak to 9 games.
- Belmont beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Bruins have beaten the spread.
- The Bruins have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 6 or more blocks.
- Belmont has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when its field goal percentage has been 53.1% or better.
- Belmont has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Belmont has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) when opponents record 6 or fewer steals.
- This season Belmont has won 79% of the time (11-3) when Ian Clark has 18 points or more and 88% of the time (7-1) when J.J. Mann plays 31 minutes or more.
- The Bruins set season highs for free throws made and steals.
- Our 17 steals is the 12th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time Belmont recorded at least 35 free throws made was Jan 20, 2001 against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
- The Bruins have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Belmont has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Belmont has a 25.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kerron Johnson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 19, steals with 7, and free throws attempted with 21.
- The top two scorers (Kerron Johnson and Ian Clark) accounted for 46.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (J.J. Mann and Blake Jenkins) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Kerron Johnson has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- J.J. Mann has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 22 games this season.
- J.J. Mann has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Kerron Johnson's career.
- Kerron Johnson had career highs with 25 points and 19 free throws made.
- Ian Clark has 12 straight double-digit point games.
Morehead State Game Notes
- Morehead State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Angelo Warner and Drew Kelly) accounted for 40.5% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (13).
- Angelo Warner has led the team in scoring 5 times in 23 games this season.
- Kahlil Owens has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 23 games this season.
- Angelo Warner has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Angelo Warner set a career high with 6 field goals made.
- Drew Kelly set a career high with 5 assists.
- Bakari Turner has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Bakari Turner.