North Dakota State held Missouri-Kansas City to only 26% from the floor and trounced the Kangaroos 71-34 in Summit League action on Thursday, January 31st. Everything went right for North Dakota State in this one, as they led 28-12 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. With the win, the Bison improve their record to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Bison were led by Chris Kading, who put up seven points plus seven rebounds. Marshall Bjorklund had 12 points and added six rebounds. For the Kangaroos, Brad Reid finished with seven points and six rebounds. North Dakota State (17-5, 8-2 Summit League) gets South Dakota (8-14, 4-6 Summit League) on their home court on Saturday, February 2nd.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:00 left to go.
- The last time NDSU started the season 17-5 was 2008.
- NDSU beat the spread by 18.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Bison have beaten the spread.
- This was the 9th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, NDSU has been on the winning end of 41 blowout games.
- The Bison have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 71 or more total points.
- North Dakota State has won 100% of the time this season (11-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1% or better.
- North Dakota State has won 92% of the time this season (11-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- NDSU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- NDSU has won 94% of the time this season (15-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.5% three-point percentage.
- This season North Dakota State has won 75% of the time (9-3) when Marshall Bjorklund has 12 points or more, 73% of the time (8-3) when Lawrence Alexander has 4 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Mike Felt has 4 three-pointers or more.
- The Bison set a season high for steals.
- The last time NDSU recorded at least 11 steals was Dec 17, 2011 against Mayville State.
- NDSU set a season low for blocks.
- The Bison have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--NDSU has a 25.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mike Felt has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 22 games this season.
- Mike Felt has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Missouri-Kansas City Game Notes
- Missouri-Kansas City lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UMKC has been on the losing end of 30 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Kangaroos losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Trinity Hall and Estan Tyler) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brad Reid and Nelson Kirksey) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Brad Reid has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 23 games this season.
- Trinity Hall set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.