Eastern Kentucky 65
(16-6, 5-5 away)
(6-16, 5-5 home)
Venue: Skyhawk Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||G Cosey 20
||T Johnson 7
||M DiNunno 7
||M Taylor 21
||M Taylor 14
||T Smith 3
Although they were big favorites on Thursday, January 31st, Eastern Kentucky lost to Tennessee-Martin 72-65 in conference play. The Colonels were led by Mike DiNunno, who got 14 points and seven assists. Glenn Cosey was sharp from three-point range, going 6 for 14 to get to a team-high 20 points overall (4 Ast 3 Reb). Myles Taylor registered a double-double for the Skyhawks with a game-high 21 points and 14 rebounds. Eastern Kentucky (16-6, 6-3 OVC) takes on Southeast Missouri State (11-12, 3-6 OVC) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Eastern Kentucky Game Notes
- EKU set season lows for field goal percentage and turnovers.
- Mike DiNunno recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 18 and three pointers attempted with 13.
- Glenn Cosey tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 18 and three pointers attempted with 14.
- Glenn Cosey accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- Glenn Cosey has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 22 games this season.
- Tarius Johnson has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Mike DiNunno has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Corey Walden has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Glenn Cosey's career.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Tarius Johnson.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Eric Stutz.
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- Myles Taylor recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Myles Taylor and Mike Liabo) accounted for 51.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Myles Taylor and Jeremy Washington) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- Myles Taylor has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 16 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Myles Taylor's career.
- Myles Taylor has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Myles Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 10th of his career.
- Myles Taylor set a career high with 14 rebounds.