Eastern Kentucky 65
(16-6, 5-5 away)
(6-16, 5-5 home)
Venue: Skyhawk Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||G Cosey 20
||T Johnson 7
||M DiNunno 7
||M Taylor 21
||M Taylor 14
||T Smith 3
Although they were big underdogs on Thursday, January 31st, Tennessee-Martin defeated Eastern Kentucky 72-65 in OVC action. Myles Taylor got a game-high 21 points and 14 rebounds for the Skyhawks, earning a double-double. Jeremy Washington also had an outstanding game, scoring 12 points and adding seven rebounds. Mike DiNunno finished with 14 points and seven assists for the Colonels. Tennessee-Martin (6-16, 3-7 OVC) gets Eastern Illinois (6-16, 3-6 OVC) at home on Thursday, February 7th.
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- UTM beat the spread by 17.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Skyhawks have beaten the spread.
- Tennessee-Martin has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its field goal percentage has been 42.6% or better.
- The Skyhawks set a season high for free throws made.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UTM has a 1.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Myles Taylor recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Myles Taylor and Mike Liabo) accounted for 51.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Myles Taylor and Jeremy Washington) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- Myles Taylor has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 16 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Myles Taylor's career.
- Myles Taylor has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Myles Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 10th of his career.
- Myles Taylor had a career high with 14 rebounds.
Eastern Kentucky Game Notes
- Eastern Kentucky lost and did not cover the spread.
- Mike DiNunno recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 18 and three pointers attempted with 13.
- Glenn Cosey tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 18 and three pointers attempted with 14.
- Glenn Cosey accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- Glenn Cosey has led the team in scoring 8 times in 22 games this season.
- Tarius Johnson has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 22 games this season.
- Mike DiNunno has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Corey Walden has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Glenn Cosey's career.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Tarius Johnson.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Eric Stutz.