On Thursday, January 31st, Sacred Heart took on Wagner and dropped one to the Seahawks 84-78 in overtime. The Pioneers got 15 points and eight rebounds from Steve Glowiak. Phil Gaetano played his way to a double-double with a season-high 12 points and 11 assists. For the Seahawks, Kenneth Ortiz got a team-high 17 points and eight assists (6 Reb 3 Stl). Sacred Heart (8-12, 6-3 NEC) goes to Mount St. Mary's (8-12, 3-6 NEC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Sacred Heart Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 1st OT with 0:05 left to go.
- The last time SHU started the season 8-12 was 2010.
- Sacred Heart has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Pioneers have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 2-9.
- The Pioneers have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Sacred Heart has lost 31 close games.
- Sacred Heart has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 22 or fewer field goals made.
- The Pioneers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 39.3% or worse.
- When the opposition records 84 or more total points this season, Sacred Heart has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Sacred Heart has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Sacred Heart has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- The Pioneers set season highs for free throws made, rebounds, and turnovers.
- The last time SHU recorded at least 26 free throws made was Jan 29, 2011 against Robert Morris.
- The Pioneers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Shane Gibson and Steve Glowiak) accounted for 47.4% of the points.
- Shane Gibson has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 47th 20-point game of Shane Gibson's career.
- Shane Gibson has 8 straight 20+ point games.
- Steve Glowiak had a career high with 8 rebounds.
- This game was the 8th double-digit assist game of Phil Gaetano's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Phil Gaetano.
- Phil Gaetano recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Phil Gaetano had a career high with 12 points.
Wagner Game Notes
- The Seahawks won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Wagner has lost 24 close games.
- Kenneth Ortiz has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Mario Moody has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 20 games this season.