(8-13, 3-9 away)
USC Upstate 83
(13-10, 8-2 home)
Venue: G.B. Hodge Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||M Smith 15
||K Sankey 14
||J Butler 6
||J Maxey 26
||J Maxey 13
||M Blessing 3
On Thursday, January 31st, Lipscomb was edged by USC Upstate 83-71 in conference play. The Bisons are now 0-2 against USC Upstate this season. Khion Sankey secured a double-double in the loss with 10 points and 14 rebounds. Malcolm Smith got a double-double as well with a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. Jodd Maxey recorded a double-double for the Spartans on a career-high 26 points and 13 rebounds. Lipscomb (8-13, 3-7 Atlantic Sun) goes to East Tennessee State (6-17, 4-6 Atlantic Sun) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Lipscomb Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:51 left to go.
- Lipscomb started 8-13 during the 2008 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- Lipscomb has lost 100% of the time this season (0-10) after recording 11 or fewer assists.
- The Bisons have lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after having a three-point percentage of 26.1% or worse.
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Lipscomb has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, Lipscomb has lost 91% of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Lipscomb has lost 85% of the time (2-11).
- The Bisons set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time LU recorded at least 50 rebounds was Dec 03, 2011 against Kennesaw State.
- Lipscomb has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- The top two rebounders (Khion Sankey and Malcolm Smith) accounted for 48.0% of the rebounds.
- Malcolm Smith has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 21 games this season.
- Khion Sankey has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- Khion Sankey recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Khion Sankey recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Malcolm Smith recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Malcolm Smith has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Malcolm Smith recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
- Malcolm Smith had a career high with 11 free throws made.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for J.J. Butler.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Carter Sanderson.
USC Upstate Game Notes
- Jodd Maxey recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and blocks with 6.
- Jodd Maxey accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jodd Maxey and Torrey Craig) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Jodd Maxey has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 23 games this season.
- Ty Greene has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Torrey Craig recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Torrey Craig has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Torrey Craig recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 18th of his career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Jodd Maxey's career.
- Jodd Maxey has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jodd Maxey recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Jodd Maxey set career highs with 26 points, 7 field goals made, 12 free throws made, 13 rebounds, 6 offensive rebounds, and 6 blocks.
- Babatunde Olomuwiya recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.