On Thursday, January 31st, Wofford fell to Citadel 69-63 in conference play. Karl Cochran put up a team-high 15 points plus four assists (4 Stl 3 Reb) in a losing effort. Lee Skinner scored 12 points and added four rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Mike Groselle finished with a season-high 24 points and seven rebounds. Wofford (8-14, 2-7 SoCon) gets Davidson (14-7, 9-1 SoCon) on their home court on Saturday, February 2nd.
Wofford Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:01 left to go.
- The last time Wofford started the season 8-14 was 1998.
- Wofford has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after recording 5 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 56.5% or better this season, Wofford has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, Wofford has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.5% or better this season, Wofford has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- Wofford has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Karl Cochran and Spencer Collins) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Indiana Faithfull and Spencer Collins) accounted for 42.3% of the rebounds.
- Karl Cochran has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 22 games this season.
- Karl Cochran had a career high with 4 steals.
Citadel Game Notes
- Mike Groselle recorded a team season high in points with 24 and field goals made with 10.
- Marshall Harris III tallied a team season high in assists with 10.
- Mike Groselle accounted for 34.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (P.J. Horgan and Mike Groselle) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in scoring 10 times in 20 games this season.
- P.J. Horgan has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- P.J. Horgan recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- P.J. Horgan recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- This game was the 1st double-digit assist game of Marshall Harris III's career.
- Marshall Harris III set a career high with 10 assists.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Mike Groselle's career.
- Mike Groselle has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Groselle set a career high with 10 field goals made.