Middle Tenn State 66
(19-4, 8-4 away)
FL Internationial 64
(11-10, 6-3 home)
Venue: U.S. Century Bank Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 31, 2013
|Middle Tenn State
|Middle Tenn State
||R Cintron 14
||M Knight 9
||B Massey Jr 5
||T Murphy 19
||T Murphy 10
||M Smith 4
On Thursday, January 31st, Middle Tennessee State took on Florida International and just barely slipped by the Golden Panthers 66-64 in conference action. Middle Tennessee State trailed 36-19 at the half, but came back in the second half and pulled out the win. With a record of 2-0, the Blue Raiders remain unbeaten against Florida International this season. JT Sulton led the Blue Raiders and put up nine points and eight rebounds. Raymond Cintron had 14 points and added three rebounds. Tymell Murphy registered a double-double for the Golden Panthers on a game-high 19 points and 10 rebounds. Middle Tennessee State (19-4, 11-1 Sun Belt) takes on Florida Atlantic (11-12, 6-6 Sun Belt) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Middle Tennessee State Game Notes
- The win over Florida International extended the Middle Tennessee State winning streak to 8 games.
- The Blue Raiders have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Middle Tennessee State has won 22 close games.
- The Blue Raiders have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 8 or more three-pointers.
- Middle Tennessee State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- Middle Tennessee State has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 19 or fewer turnovers.
- MTSU has won 95% of the time this season (19-1) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- MTSU has won 94% of the time this season (16-1) after holding an opponent to under 42.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Middle Tennessee State has won 83% of the time (15-3) when Marcos Knight has 10 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when JT Sulton has 4 field goals made or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Raymond Cintron has 4 three-pointers or more.
- The Blue Raiders have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 8 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Blue Raiders came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two rebounders (Marcos Knight and JT Sulton) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Raymond Cintron has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- Marcos Knight has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 23 games this season.
- Marcos Knight has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Florida International Game Notes
- The Golden Panthers have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida International has lost 36 close games.
- The top two scorers (Tymell Murphy and Marco Porcher Jimenez) accounted for 53.1% of the points.
- Tymell Murphy accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Tymell Murphy has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 9 times in 21 games this season.
- Marco Porcher Jimenez has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Tymell Murphy recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tymell Murphy has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Tymell Murphy recorded a double-double. It was the 7th of his career.
- Tola Akomolafe set a career high with 4 steals.
|B||Bruce Massey Jr||29||9||4||5||3||0||4|
|C+||J. Gallman Jr||17||3||1||4||1||0||1|
|C||K. Hammonds II||30||8||3||2||0||0||3|
|-||Jason Jones Jr||3||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|A||M. Porcher Jimenez||36||15||5||1||1||1||2|