Morehead State was thumped by Belmont 93-74 in conference play on Thursday, January 31st. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Belmont up 55-36. The Eagles are now 0-2 against Belmont this season. Drew Kelly got 14 points and five rebounds in a losing effort. Kahlil Owens also had a decent showing, scoring six points and adding eight rebounds. For the Bruins, J.J. Mann got 14 points and eight rebounds. Morehead State (11-12, 5-4 OVC) gets Jacksonville State (14-7, 6-4 OVC) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Morehead State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:53 left to go.
- The last time MSU started the season 11-12 was 2000.
- Morehead State has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 6 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Morehead State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.1% or better this season, Morehead State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Morehead State has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Eagles set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time MSU had a three-point percentage of 52.9% or higher was Jan 24, 2012 against Norfolk State.
- MSU set a season low for steals.
- The top two scorers (Angelo Warner and Drew Kelly) accounted for 40.5% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (13).
- Angelo Warner has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 23 games this season.
- Kahlil Owens has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 23 games this season.
- Angelo Warner has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Angelo Warner had a career high with 6 field goals made.
- Drew Kelly had a career high with 5 assists.
- Bakari Turner has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Bakari Turner.
Belmont Game Notes
- Kerron Johnson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 19, steals with 7, and free throws attempted with 21.
- The top two scorers (Kerron Johnson and Ian Clark) accounted for 46.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (J.J. Mann and Blake Jenkins) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Kerron Johnson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
- J.J. Mann has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- J.J. Mann has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Kerron Johnson's career.
- Kerron Johnson set career highs with 25 points and 19 free throws made.
- Ian Clark has 12 straight double-digit point games.