(8-13, 4-5 away)
Mount St. Mary's 77
(8-12, 5-2 home)
Venue: Knott Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
|Mount St. Mary's
||O Drame 19
||O Drame 20
||Z Hearst 4
|Mount St. Mary's
||S Wiggins 17
||K Parker 4
||R Whack 2
On Thursday, January 31st, Quinnipiac forced only five turnovers and dropped one to Mount St. Mary's 77-73 in conference play. The Bobcats got a double-double out of Ousmane Drame with a career-high 19 points and 20 rebounds. Zaid Hearst had 16 points and added five rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Taylor Danaher got eight points and two rebounds. Quinnipiac (8-13, 4-5 NEC) gets Wagner (12-8, 6-3 NEC) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- Quinnipiac started 8-13 during the 2001 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Bobcats have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Quinnipiac has lost 34 close games.
- Quinnipiac has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 9 or fewer assists.
- Quinnipiac has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 25 or more free throws made this season, Quinnipiac has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Quinnipiac has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- Quinnipiac set a season low for steals.
- The Bobcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 21 games.
- Quinnipiac has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Ousmane Drame recorded a team season high in rebounds with 20, offensive rebounds with 9, and defensive rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Ousmane Drame and Zaid Hearst) accounted for 47.9% of the points.
- Ousmane Drame accounted for 40.0% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (29) than the starters (19).
- Ousmane Drame has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Ousmane Drame recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ousmane Drame recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 6th of his career.
- Ousmane Drame had career highs with 19 points, 20 rebounds, 9 offensive rebounds, and 11 defensive rebounds.
Mount St. Mary's Game Notes
- The Mountaineers won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Mount St. Mary's has lost 37 close games.
- Shivaughn Wiggins recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (10).
- Shivaughn Wiggins has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.