(14-8, 9-1 home)
Venue: Gallagher Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||D Laury 24
||D Laury 16
||S Armand 7
||A Mason 30
||A Tanksley 11
||J Green 8
Iona forced only six turnovers and let one slip to Niagara 93-90 in overtime on Thursday, January 31st. With the loss, the Gaels tie the season series against Niagara at 1-1. David Laury earned a double-double in the Gaels loss with a season-high 24 points and 16 rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Lamont Jones picked up his fifth straight game with 20 points or more, scoring 23 points in 43 minutes. Lamont Jones also had a good outing, scoring 23 points and adding eight rebounds. Juan`ya Green got 26 points and eight assists (5 Reb 3 Stl) for the Purple Eagles. Iona (14-8, 8-3 MAAC) gets Canisius (14-8, 7-4 MAAC) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
Iona Game Notes
- Iona has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Gaels have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 7-6.
- The Gaels have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Iona has lost 34 close games.
- The Gaels have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a three-point percentage of 30.4% or worse.
- Iona has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 93 or more total points this season, Iona has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 33 or more field goals made this season, Iona has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 42 or more rebounds this season, Iona has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Gaels set a season high for blocks.
- The Gaels have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Gaels opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (David Laury and Lamont Jones) accounted for 52.2% of the points.
- David Laury accounted for 34.7% of the team's rebounds.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 31st 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has 5 straight 20+ point games.
- Lamont Jones had a career high with 8 rebounds.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of David Laury's career.
- David Laury has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- David Laury has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 4 straight games.
- David Laury recorded a double-double. It was the 6th of his career.
- Sean Armand has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Tre Bowman has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Niagara Game Notes
- The Purple Eagles won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Niagara has lost 25 close games.
- Antoine Mason recorded a team season high in field goals made with 13 and field goals attempted with 28.
- Antoine Mason accounted for 32.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ameen Tanksley and Devon White) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Antoine Mason has led the team in scoring 13 times in 22 games this season.
- Ameen Tanksley has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Antoine Mason's career.
- Antoine Mason has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- Antoine Mason set career highs with 30 points and 13 field goals made.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Juan`ya Green's career.
- Ameen Tanksley recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Ameen Tanksley.
- Ameen Tanksley recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 7th of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for T.J. Cline.
- Devon White recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devon White set a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.