(14-8, 9-1 home)
Venue: Gallagher Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||D Laury 24
||D Laury 16
||S Armand 7
||A Mason 30
||A Tanksley 11
||J Green 8
Niagara edged Iona 93-90 in overtime on a night when they had only six turnovers. With the win, the Purple Eagles even the season series against Iona at 1-1. Juan`ya Green played well for the Purple Eagles and put up 26 points plus eight assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). Ameen Tanksley got a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds. David Laury registered a double-double for the Gaels on a season-high 24 points and 16 rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Niagara (14-8, 10-1 MAAC) hosts Loyola (MD) (15-8, 7-4 MAAC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Niagara Game Notes
- Niagara started 14-8 during the 2007 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Iona extended the Niagara winning streak to 7 games.
- NU beat the spread by 1.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Purple Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Niagara has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Purple Eagles have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 4-5.
- The Purple Eagles have won 7 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Niagara has won 32 close games.
- The Purple Eagles have won 77% of the time this season (10-3) after recording 9 or more steals.
- NU has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) when opponents record 7 or fewer three-pointers.
- NU has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 30.4% three-point percentage.
- This season Niagara has won 71% of the time (5-2) when T.J. Cline has 11 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Juan`ya Green has 5 rebounds or more.
- NU set a season low for blocks.
- The Purple Eagles have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Niagara has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Purple Eagles came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--NU has a 8.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Antoine Mason recorded a team season high in field goals made with 13 and field goals attempted with 28.
- Antoine Mason accounted for 32.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ameen Tanksley and Devon White) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Antoine Mason has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- Ameen Tanksley has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Antoine Mason's career.
- Antoine Mason has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- Antoine Mason had career highs with 30 points and 13 field goals made.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Juan`ya Green's career.
- Ameen Tanksley recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Ameen Tanksley.
- Ameen Tanksley recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 7th of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for T.J. Cline.
- Devon White recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devon White had a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
Iona Game Notes
- Iona lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Gaels have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Iona has lost 34 close games.
- The top two scorers (David Laury and Lamont Jones) accounted for 52.2% of the points.
- David Laury accounted for 34.7% of the team's rebounds.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 31st 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has 5 straight 20+ point games.
- Lamont Jones set a career high with 8 rebounds.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of David Laury's career.
- David Laury has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- David Laury has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 4 straight games.
- David Laury recorded a double-double. It was the 6th of his career.
- Sean Armand has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Tre Bowman has 3 straight double-digit point games.