UNC Greensboro 66
(6-14, 6-6 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||L Troutman 19
||J Isenbarger 10
||J Isenbarger 4
||T Simpson 21
||D Williams 7
||D Armstrong 2
On Thursday, January 31st, Elon got a win on the road against North Carolina-Greensboro 72-66 in conference action. The Phoenix got the win with a team-high 19 points and six rebounds (3 Blk 3 Stl) from Lucas Troutman. Josh Bonney had nine points. For the Spartans, Derrell Armstrong finished with 14 points and four rebounds. Elon (14-7, 7-2 SoCon) takes on Samford (7-14, 5-3 SoCon) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Elon Game Notes
- The win over North Carolina-Greensboro extended the Elon winning streak to 6 games.
- Elon beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Phoenix have beaten the spread.
- Elon has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its three-point percentage has been 40.0% or better.
- The Phoenix have won 82% of the time this season (9-2) after recording 4 or more blocks.
- Elon has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.2% field goal percentage.
- Elon has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- This season Elon has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Tanner Samson has 12 points or more, 73% of the time (8-3) when Jack Isenbarger plays 33 minutes or more, and 71% of the time (12-5) when Lucas Troutman has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Phoenix set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time Elon recorded at least 25 turnovers was Nov 11, 2011 against Massachusetts.
- The Phoenix have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Lucas Troutman and Ryley Beaumont) accounted for 43.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jack Isenbarger and Ryley Beaumont) accounted for 43.9% of the rebounds.
- Lucas Troutman has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Jack Isenbarger recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jack Isenbarger had career highs with 10 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- Lucas Troutman has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Tanner Samson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
North Carolina-Greensboro Game Notes
- North Carolina-Greensboro lost and did not cover the spread.
- Trevis Simpson accounted for 31.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (David Williams and Kelvin McNeil) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Trevis Simpson has led the team in scoring 12 times in 20 games this season.
- David Williams has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Trevis Simpson's career.
- Trevis Simpson has 3 straight 20+ point games.