UNC Greensboro 66
(6-14, 6-6 home)
Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||L Troutman 19
||J Isenbarger 10
||J Isenbarger 4
||T Simpson 21
||D Williams 7
||D Armstrong 2
North Carolina-Greensboro lost at home against Elon 72-66 in conference play on Thursday, January 31st. Derrell Armstrong got 14 points plus four rebounds in the Spartans loss. Kayel Locke had 16 points. For the Phoenix, Lucas Troutman finished with a team-high 19 points and six rebounds (3 Blk 3 Stl). North Carolina-Greensboro (6-14, 4-5 SoCon) gets College of Charleston (15-7, 7-3 SoCon) on the road on Saturday, February 2nd.
North Carolina-Greensboro Game Notes
- North Carolina-Greensboro started 6-14 during the 2011 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Spartans have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 36.2% or worse.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 33 or fewer rebounds.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 77% of the time this season (3-10) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-12).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.8% or better this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- The Spartans set a season high for steals.
- Our 17 steals is the 7th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time UNCG recorded at least 17 steals was Nov 20, 2011 against Towson.
- UNCG set a season low for blocks.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UNCG has a 4.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trevis Simpson accounted for 31.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (David Williams and Kelvin McNeil) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Trevis Simpson has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 20 games this season.
- David Williams has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Trevis Simpson's career.
- Trevis Simpson has 3 straight 20+ point games.
Elon Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Lucas Troutman and Ryley Beaumont) accounted for 43.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jack Isenbarger and Ryley Beaumont) accounted for 43.9% of the rebounds.
- Lucas Troutman has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Jack Isenbarger recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jack Isenbarger set career highs with 10 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- Lucas Troutman has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Tanner Samson has 4 straight double-digit point games.