(14-5, 3-2 away)
(10-11, 9-5 home)
Venue: Dunkin' Donuts Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||R Boatright 19
||D Daniels 7
||R Boatright 7
||K Batts 20
||L Henton 13
||V Council 10
On Thursday, January 31st, Providence took on Connecticut and lost a nail-biter to the Huskies 82-79 in overtime. Vincent Council got 15 points and 10 assists for the Friars, earning a double-double. Bryce Cotton had 18 points and added four rebounds. For the Huskies, DeAndre Daniels finished with 18 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Providence (10-11, 2-7 Big East) is Villanova (13-8, 4-4 Big East) on Sunday, February 3rd on the road.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence started 10-11 during the 2004 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Providence has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Friars have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 3-6.
- The Friars have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Providence has lost 30 close games.
- Providence has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 1 or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Providence has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Providence has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Providence has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- The Friars set season highs for free throws made and rebounds.
- The last time PC recorded at least 55 rebounds was Dec 07, 2009 against Brown.
- Providence has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--PC has a 9.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kadeem Batts and Bryce Cotton) accounted for 48.1% of the points.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- LaDontae Henton has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- Bryce Cotton has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- LaDontae Henton recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- LaDontae Henton recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 17th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Kris Dunn.
- This game was the 14th double-digit assist game of Vincent Council's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Vincent Council.
- Vincent Council recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 14th of his career.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Kadeem Batts's career.
Connecticut Game Notes
- The Huskies won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Connecticut has lost 25 close games.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Boatright and Shabazz Napier) accounted for 45.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (DeAndre Daniels and Enosch Wolf) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Ryan Boatright has led the team in scoring 5 times in 19 games this season.
- DeAndre Daniels has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Ryan Boatright has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for DeAndre Daniels.
- Shabazz Napier set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Enosch Wolf.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Tyler Olander.