(3-14, 1-9 away)
Florida Atlantic 76
(11-12, 8-3 home)
Venue: FAU Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||A Olatayo 25
||M Brown 9
||J James 9
||G Gantt 19
||R Morrow 13
||G Gantt 3
Florida Atlantic squared off with Louisiana-Monroe on Thursday, January 31st and knocked off the Warhawks 76-71 in Sun Belt action. With the win, the Owls improve to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Richard Morrow picked up a double-double for the Owls with a season-high 11 points and 13 rebounds. Greg Gantt had a team-high 19 points and added three assists. For the Warhawks, Amos Olatayo finished with a season-high 25 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Florida Atlantic (11-12, 6-6 Sun Belt) is Middle Tennessee State (19-4, 11-1 Sun Belt) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- The last time FAU started the season 11-12 was 2005.
- The Owls have won 6 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Florida Atlantic has won 32 close games.
- The Owls have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 76 or more total points.
- Florida Atlantic has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when its field goal percentage has been 45.2% or better.
- FAU has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 39.1% field goal percentage.
- This season Florida Atlantic has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Pablo Bertone has 13 points or more.
- Florida Atlantic has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Owls came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--FAU has a 6.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Richard Morrow recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Greg Gantt and Stefan Moody) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
- Richard Morrow accounted for 30.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 23 games this season.
- Greg Gantt has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Morrow recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Richard Morrow recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
Louisiana-Monroe Game Notes
- The Warhawks have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 31 close games.
- This loss extended the Warhawks losing streak to 6 games.
- Jayon James recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- Amos Olatayo accounted for 35.2% of the team's points.
- Amos Olatayo has led the team in scoring 7 times in 17 games this season.
- Millaun Brown has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Amos Olatayo's career.