Georgia Southern 74
(9-13, 4-9 away)
(6-13, 5-4 home)
Venue: Timmons Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||C Reed 20
||M Baynham 7
||C Reed 5
||C Reddick 20
||K Ferrara 5
||S Croone 4
Georgia Southern allowed 36 points from three-point territory to Furman and was tripped up by the Paladins 81-74 in conference play on Thursday, January 31st. C.J. Reed put up a game-high 20 points (5 Ast 3 Stl) in the Eagles loss. Marvin Baynham had eight points and added seven rebounds. Bobby Austin got 17 points and four assists (3 Reb 3 Stl) for the Paladins. Georgia Southern (9-13, 3-6 SoCon) takes on Chattanooga (8-13, 3-5 SoCon) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Georgia Southern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:06 left to go.
- The last time GS started the season 9-13 was 2000.
- Georgia Southern has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 25 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 12 or more three-pointers this season, Georgia Southern has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 19 or more assists this season, Georgia Southern has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Georgia Southern has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- The Eagles set a season high for steals.
- The last time GS recorded at least 12 steals was Feb 18, 2012 against North Carolina-Greensboro.
- GS set a season low for blocks.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Reed and Eric Ferguson) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (9).
- C.J. Reed has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- Marvin Baynham has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 36th 20-point game of C.J. Reed's career.
- Eric Ferguson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Furman Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Charlie Reddick and Bobby Austin) accounted for 45.6% of the points.
- Kendrec Ferrara has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 19 games this season.
- Bobby Austin set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Colin Reddick has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Colin Reddick.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Charlie Reddick's career.
- Charlie Reddick set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Stephen Croone has 3 straight double-digit point games.