(9-12, 7-5 away)
George Mason 54
(12-9, 7-3 home)
Venue: Patriot Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||D Lee 29
||D Ruffin 10
||F Massenat 4
||S Wright 15
||E Copes 6
||M Gujanicic 2
Drexel squared off with George Mason on Thursday, January 31st and got a road win against the Patriots 58-54 in CAA action. It looked like this one could get ugly, with George Mason up 38-25 at the half, but Drexel was able to make a comeback and secure the win in the second half. Damion Lee put up his third straight game with 20 points or more for the Dragons, scoring a game-high 29 points (9 Reb 3 Stl) on 58% shooting in 40 minutes. Derrick Thomas had 12 points and added four rebounds. For the Patriots, Sherrod Wright finished with a team-high 15 points and two rebounds. Drexel (9-12, 5-4 CAA) takes on Northeastern (13-8, 8-1 CAA) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Drexel Game Notes
- Drexel started 9-12 during the 2007, 1999, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Drexel beat the spread by 9.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Dragons have beaten the spread.
- The Dragons have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Drexel has won 27 close games.
- Drexel has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Dragons came back after being down at halftime.
- Damion Lee recorded a team season high in field goals made with 11.
- Damion Lee accounted for 50.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dartaye Ruffin and Damion Lee) accounted for 48.7% of the rebounds.
- Damion Lee has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- Dartaye Ruffin has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Damion Lee's career.
- Damion Lee has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Damion Lee had career highs with 11 field goals made and 8 defensive rebounds.
- Dartaye Ruffin recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
George Mason Game Notes
- George Mason lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Patriots have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, George Mason has lost 31 close games.
- The top two scorers (Sherrod Wright and Jonathan Arledge) accounted for 53.7% of the points.
- Sherrod Wright has led the team in scoring 17 times in 21 games this season.
- Erik Copes has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Sherrod Wright has 6 straight double-digit point games.