(5-16, 0-10 away)
James Madison 62
(13-10, 9-3 home)
Venue: JMU Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||D Imes 10
||D Imes 6
||T Buie 3
||R Goins 16
||R Goins 7
||A Nation 4
On Thursday, January 31st, Hofstra took on James Madison and was destroyed by the Dukes 62-41 in conference play. The Pride were paced by David Imes, who put up a team-high 10 points and six rebounds. Matt Grogan had six points and added two rebounds. For the Dukes, Charles Cooke got a season-high 13 points and three rebounds. Next up for Hofstra (5-16, 2-6 CAA) is William & Mary (8-12, 2-7 CAA) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Hofstra Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:32 left to go.
- The last time Hofstra started the season 5-16 was 2002.
- The Pride have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3% or worse.
- Hofstra has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 3 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.0% or better this season, Hofstra has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 43.8% or better this season, Hofstra has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 7 or more three-pointers this season, Hofstra has lost 91% of the time (1-10).
- Hofstra set season lows for rebounds and total points.
- Hofstra has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (David Imes and Taran Buie) accounted for 43.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (David Imes and Stephen Nwaukoni) accounted for 57.1% of the rebounds.
James Madison Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Rayshawn Goins and Andre Nation) accounted for 46.7% of the points.
- Rayshawn Goins has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 15 times in 23 games this season.
- Andre Nation has 4 straight double-digit point games.