St. Francis (PA) 62
(1-19, 0-10 away)
Long Island 82
(11-10, 7-3 home)
Venue: Athletic, Recreation & Wellness Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
|St. Francis (PA)
|St. Francis (PA)
||E Brown 22
||E Brown 5
||G Brown 6
||B Hucks 20
||J Olasewere 9
||J Brickman 13
On Thursday, January 31st, Long Island scored 30 points from three-point territory and easily got past St. Francis (PA) 82-62 in conference action. The Blackbirds were led by Brandon Thompson, who put up 14 points plus five rebounds. Booker Hucks was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 7 to get to a team-high 20 points overall. For the Red Flash, Earl Brown finished with a career-high 22 points and five rebounds. Long Island (11-10, 6-3 NEC) takes on Robert Morris (14-8, 6-3 NEC) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
Long Island Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:14 left to go.
- The last time LIU started the season 11-10 was 2007.
- The win over St. Francis (PA) extended the Long Island winning streak to 6 games.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, LIU has been on the winning end of 16 blowout games.
- Long Island has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 45.5% or better.
- The Blackbirds have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 82 or more total points.
- LIU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- LIU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Long Island has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Brandon Thompson has 14 points or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when C.J. Garner has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Blackbirds set season highs for assists and turnovers.
- Our 22 assists is the 11th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time LIU recorded at least 22 assists was Feb 18, 2012 against Quinnipiac.
- The Blackbirds have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Long Island has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--LIU has a 10.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jason Brickman recorded a team season high in assists with 13.
- The top two scorers (Booker Hucks and Jamal Olasewere) accounted for 45.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamal Olasewere and Brandon Thompson) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 21 games this season.
- This game was the 18th double-digit assist game of Jason Brickman's career.
- Jamal Olasewere has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Booker Hucks's career.
St. Francis (PA) Game Notes
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SFPA has been on the losing end of 30 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Red Flash losing streak to 8 games.
- Greg Brown recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- Earl Brown accounted for 35.4% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (9).
- Earl Brown has led the team in scoring 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Stephon Mosley has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Earl Brown's career.
- Earl Brown has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Earl Brown set career highs with 22 points and 9 field goals made.