Loyola (MD) 79
(15-8, 5-5 away)
(14-8, 9-2 home)
Venue: Koessler Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||R Olson 27
||R Olson 6
||R Olson 5
||J Heath 21
||J Heath 11
||B Baron 7
Loyola (MD) was clipped by Canisius 91-79 in conference play on an evening when the Golden Griffins shot 60% from the floor. The Greyhounds got a career-high 27 points and six rebounds (5 Ast 4 Stl) from Robert Olson. Erik Etherly had 13 points and added five rebounds. Jordan Heath recorded a double-double for the Golden Griffins on a career-high 21 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Loyola (MD) (15-8, 7-4 MAAC) heads to Niagara (14-8, 10-1 MAAC).
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:43 left to go.
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Loyola (MD) has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- The Greyhounds set season highs for field goals made and steals.
- The last time LMDU recorded at least 30 field goals made was Feb 10, 2012 against Iona.
- LMDU set a season low for turnovers.
- Loyola (MD) has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Robert Olson accounted for 34.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Olson and Erik Etherly) accounted for 44.0% of the rebounds.
- Robert Olson has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Robert Olson's career.
- Robert Olson had a career high with 27 points.
Canisius Game Notes
- Jordan Heath recorded a team season high in blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Heath and Isaac Sosa) accounted for 43.9% of the points.
- Jordan Heath accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Heath has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Jordan Heath's career.
- Jordan Heath recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Isaac Sosa has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Manhertz has 4 straight double-digit point games.