(7-14, 3-10 away)
(14-7, 9-2 home)
Venue: Belk Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||T Hood 12
||C Geffrard Jr. 6
||R Kelly 7
||D Brooks 22
||J Cohen 7
||J Kuhlman 2
On Thursday, January 31st, Davidson punished Samford 71-51 in SoCon play. The game was still close at the half, with Davidson up 25-24, but Samford couldn't keep pace in the second half and was blown out. De`Mon Brooks put on a show for the Wildcats and put up a game-high 22 points plus five rebounds. Jake Cohen had 14 points and added seven rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Raijon Kelly finished with 10 points. Davidson (14-7, 9-1 SoCon) takes on Wofford (8-14, 2-7 SoCon) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Davidson Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:20 left to go.
- Davidson started 14-7 during the 2004 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Samford extended the Davidson winning streak to 5 games.
- Davidson beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the 6th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Davidson has been on the winning end of 47 blowout games.
- Davidson has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.9% or better.
- The Wildcats have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 20 or more free throws made.
- Davidson has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 19 or fewer field goals made.
- Davidson has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 41.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Davidson has won 80% of the time (8-2) when Jake Cohen has 14 points or more, 80% of the time (8-2) when Nik Cochran plays 33 minutes or more, and 75% of the time (6-2) when Chris Czerapowicz has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Davidson has a 17.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- De`Mon Brooks accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- De`Mon Brooks has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 21 games this season.
- Jake Cohen has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of De`Mon Brooks's career.
- Jake Cohen has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Samford Game Notes
- Samford lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Samford has been on the losing end of 20 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Tim Williams and Tyler Hood) accounted for 47.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Clide Geffrard Jr. and Connor Miller) accounted for 43.4% of the rebounds.
- Tim Williams has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Raijon Kelly has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- Raijon Kelly set a career high with 7 assists.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Russell Wilson.
- Tim Williams has 5 straight double-digit point games.
|C||C. Geffrard Jr.||33||5||6||0||1||2||3|