Northern Kentucky 70
(7-11, 4-7 away)
East Tenn State 68
(6-17, 3-8 home)
Venue: Memorial Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
|East Tenn State
||E Jones 25
||C Jackson 9
||E Faulkner 5
|East Tenn State
||J Jones 23
||J Walton 6
||J Jones 6
East Tennessee State was narrowly defeated by Northern Kentucky 70-68 in conference play on Thursday, January 31st. The Buccaneers are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-2). The Buccaneers got a career-high 23 points and six assists from Jarvis Jones. Lester Wilson also had a good game, scoring 16 points and adding six rebounds. For the Norse, Eshaunte Jones got a game-high 25 points (9 Reb 5 Ast), including 7-of-11 shooting from three-point range. East Tennessee State (6-17, 4-6 Atlantic Sun) takes on Lipscomb (8-13, 3-7 Atlantic Sun) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
East Tennessee State Game Notes
- The Buccaneers have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, East Tennessee State has lost 30 close games.
- East Tennessee State has lost 91% of the time this season (1-10) after recording 10 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.0% or better this season, East Tennessee State has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 44.0% or better this season, East Tennessee State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, East Tennessee State has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- The Buccaneers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- East Tennessee State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Buccaneers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--ETSU has a -1.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jarvis Jones accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Lester Wilson and John Walton) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- Jarvis Jones has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 23 games this season.
- Lester Wilson has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Jarvis Jones's career.
- Jarvis Jones has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Jones had career highs with 23 points, 9 field goals made, and 6 assists.
- Lester Wilson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Northern Kentucky Game Notes
- The Norse won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Kentucky has lost 4 close games.
- Eshaunte Jones recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 7.
- Eshaunte Jones accounted for 35.7% of the team's points.
- Chad Jackson accounted for 31.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Eshaunte Jones has led the team in scoring 10 times in 18 games this season.
- Chad Jackson has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Eshaunte Jones's career.
- Eshaunte Jones has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Eshaunte Jones set career highs with 7 three-pointers, 9 rebounds, and 8 defensive rebounds.
- Chad Jackson has 3 straight double-digit point games.