|Youngstown State||K Perry 16.3||D Eargle 6.5||K Perry 4.2|
|Detroit||R McCallum 18.4||N Minnerath 5.7||R McCallum 4.6|
Detroit hosts Youngstown State at Calihan Hall on Friday. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Titans defeated the Penguins 101-60 on January 10th and are 8-2 against them over the past four years.
Youngstown State is in 3rd place in the conference and just behind 2nd place Detroit with a chance to catch up.
The Titans got past Wright State 83-76 on January 30th with the help of 24 points and 7 rebounds from Ray McCallum. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 18.4 points per game, 4.6 assists per game, and 1.7 steals per game. In an 80-68 victory over Valparaiso on January 30th, Kendrick Perry put up 28 points and 11 rebounds for the Penguins. He contributes a team-leading 16.3 points per game, 4.2 assists per game, and 1.9 steals per game. A key area of strength for Youngstown State is turnover percentage at 17.5, which ranks 2nd in their conference (and 34th nationally).
Youngstown State StatSmack
- Boom! Detroit humiliated Youngstown State by 41 points the last time they played (Jan 10, 2013).
- Detroit has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (55.39% to 39.33%).
- It must sting. Detroit has blown out Youngstown State by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2002.
- The Detroit basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Youngstown State (90% vs 50%).
- Nick Minnerath is ranked 9th in the Horizon in points, 7th in the Horizon in rebounds, and 10th in the Horizon in three-pointers.
- Even computers respect Detroit more. We have a better RPI this season than Youngstown State (RPI: #75 vs #151).
- Detroit allows fewer rebounds (33.6 allowed per game vs 37.6 allowed per game) than Youngstown State this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Detroit has a stronger schedule than Youngstown State this season (SOS Rank: #81 vs #222).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Detroit has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Youngstown State (1 vs 0).
- The Detroit scoring leader (Ray McCallum) has more points than the Youngstown State scoring leader (Kendrick Perry).
- People just expect us to beat you. Detroit has been the favorite 21 out of the last 25 times.
|D+||S. Amiker Jr.||21||6||3||1||1||0||2|
|C+||J. Howard Jr.||28||10||4||1||1||0||1|
|D+||G. Dos Santos||5||2||1||0||0||0||1|