Manhattan vs. Siena: Full Game Preview
|Manhattan||G Beamon 13.4||R Brown 6.9||R Stores 2.6|
|Siena||O Anosike 13.1||O Anosike 12.0||E Hymes 3.8|
On Friday, Siena welcomes Manhattan at Times Union Center. It starts at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Saints fell to the Jaspers 75-55 on December 9th and are 9-3 against them over the last four years.
Manhattan and Siena are close together in the conference, holding down the 6th and 8th spots, respectively.
The 21 points and 5 assists by Evan Hymes helped the Saints to a 79-75 victory over Marist on January 27th. He is averaging 12.0 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.8 per game. For the Jaspers, Rhamel Brown put up 10 points and 10 rebounds in the 62-51 win over Rider on January 27th. With 6.9 rebounds per game and 2.7 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Manhattan will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 44.6 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 18th in the country.
- Imoh Silas is ranked 9th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Siena is better at defending the three (32.6% allowed vs 36.1% allowed) than Manhattan this season.
- The Siena steals leader (Rakeem Brookins) has more steals than the Manhattan steals leader (Rhamel Brown).
- At least you keep showing up. Siena has an average margin of victory of 11 over Manhattan in 31 wins since 1980.
- Evan Hymes is ranked 6th in the MAAC in three-pointers and 6th in the MAAC in assists.
- Siena has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (56.58% to 41.10%).
- Siena has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Manhattan according to Kiplinger (73.4% vs 61.4%).
- Siena has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (53% vs 65%).
- We just win. Siena has more wins over the last 5 years than Manhattan (109 vs 72).
- The Siena rebounding leader (O.D Anosike) has more rebounds than the Manhattan rebounding leader (Rhamel Brown).
- The Siena scoring leader (O.D Anosike) has more points than the Manhattan scoring leader (Rhamel Brown).
|F||M. Jackson Jr.||6||1||1||1||1||0||1|