(16-6, 11-4 home)
Venue: Pauley Pavilion
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||J Fontan 15
||E Wise 11
||J Fontan 6
||S Muhammad 22
||K Anderson 7
||L Drew II 8
USC squared off with UCLA on Wednesday, January 30th and got a win on the road against the Bruins 75-71 in overtime. The Trojans got a double-double out of Eric Wise with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Jio Fontan had a team-high 15 points and added six assists. For the Bruins, Shabazz Muhammad finished with a game-high 22 points and six rebounds. Next up for USC (9-13, 4-5 Pac 12) is Washington State (11-8, 2-5 Pac 12) on Thursday, February 7th on their home court.
USC Game Notes
- The last time USC started the season 9-13 was 2004.
- USC beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Trojans have beaten the spread.
- USC has played in 4 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Trojans have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 5-7.
- The Trojans have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, USC has won 28 close games.
- USC has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.2% field goal percentage.
- USC has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 2 or fewer three-pointers.
- The Trojans have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- USC has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Eric Wise has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 22 games this season.
- Eric Wise recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Eric Wise recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 18th of his career.
UCLA Game Notes
- UCLA lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Bruins have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UCLA has lost 21 close games.
- Shabazz Muhammad accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- Shabazz Muhammad has led the team in scoring 9 times in 22 games this season.
- Kyle Anderson has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 22 games this season.
- Jordan Adams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Shabazz Muhammad's career.
- Shabazz Muhammad has 6 straight double-digit point games.
|B+||Larry Drew II||39||8||3||8||1||0||0|