On Wednesday, January 30th, UCLA lost on their home court to USC 75-71 in overtime. Shabazz Muhammad got a game-high 22 points and six rebounds in the Bruins loss. David Wear also had a strong showing, scoring six points and adding six rebounds. Eric Wise registered a double-double for the Trojans on 12 points and 11 rebounds. UCLA (16-6, 6-3 Pac 12) takes on Washington (12-8, 4-3 Pac 12) on Thursday, February 7th on their home court.
UCLA Game Notes
- UCLA started 16-6 during the 2001 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- UCLA has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Bruins have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 6-5.
- The Bruins have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UCLA has lost 21 close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.7% or better this season, UCLA has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- UCLA set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- UCLA has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--UCLA has a 12.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Shabazz Muhammad accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- Shabazz Muhammad has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- Kyle Anderson has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 22 games this season.
- Jordan Adams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Shabazz Muhammad's career.
- Shabazz Muhammad has 6 straight double-digit point games.
USC Game Notes
- The Trojans won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, USC has lost 33 close games.
- Eric Wise has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 22 games this season.
- Eric Wise recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Eric Wise recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 18th of his career.