Saint Mary's outrebounded San Francisco 44-22 and got a road win against the Dons 67-63 in West Coast play on Wednesday, January 30th. With the win, the Gaels remain unbeaten against San Francisco this season at 2-0. The Gaels got the win with a game-high 19 points and three rebounds from Jorden Page. Stephen Holt had nine points and added 14 rebounds. For the Dons, Cody Doolin finished with a team-high 16 points. Saint Mary's (18-4, 7-1 West Coast) takes on Portland (8-14, 1-6 West Coast) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- The last time SMC started the season 18-4 was 2010.
- The win over San Francisco extended the Saint Mary's winning streak to 6 games.
- The Gaels have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Saint Mary's has won 19 close games.
- The Gaels have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 44 or more rebounds.
- SMC has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- This season Saint Mary's has won 100% of the time (7-0) when Brad Waldow has 13 points or more and 73% of the time (11-4) when Matthew Dellavedova plays 36 minutes or more.
- SMC set season lows for assists and steals.
- Stephen Holt recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- The top two scorers (Jorden Page and Brad Waldow) accounted for 47.7% of the points.
- Stephen Holt accounted for 31.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Stephen Holt has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- Stephen Holt recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stephen Holt had career highs with 14 rebounds, 5 offensive rebounds, and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Brad Waldow has 4 straight double-digit point games.
San Francisco Game Notes
- The Dons have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, San Francisco has lost 31 close games.
- The top two scorers (Cody Doolin and De`End Parker) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- Cole Dickerson accounted for 50.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Cody Doolin has led the team in scoring 6 times in 22 games this season.
- Cole Dickerson has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 22 games this season.
- Cole Dickerson recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cody Doolin set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Frank Rogers.