(20) New Mexico 63
(18-3, 6-2 away)
(15-5, 10-3 home)
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||C Bairstow 17
||H Greenwood 10
||K Williams 4
||D Gilmore 15
||L Nance Jr 8
||D Cooke Jr 3
No. 20 New Mexico got a win on the road against Wyoming 63-59 in conference play on Wednesday, January 30th. The Lobos got a double-double out of Hugh Greenwood with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Kendall Williams had 12 points and added six rebounds. Larry Nance Jr got nine points and eight rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) for the Cowboys. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when New Mexico (18-3, 5-1 MWC) welcomes Nevada (11-9, 2-4 MWC).
New Mexico Game Notes
- New Mexico started 18-3 during the 2009, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Lobos beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Lobos have beaten the spread.
- The Lobos have won 9 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, New Mexico has won 36 close games.
- The Lobos have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- New Mexico has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1% or better.
- New Mexico has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Lobos has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- This season New Mexico has won 93% of the time (14-1) when Alex Kirk has 10 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Kendall Williams plays 37 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Hugh Greenwood has 5 field goals made or more.
- Lobos set season lows for blocks and three-pointers.
- The Lobos have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Lobos came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Cameron Bairstow and Hugh Greenwood) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Hugh Greenwood and Alex Kirk) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- Hugh Greenwood has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 21 games this season.
- Hugh Greenwood recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Hugh Greenwood recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Hugh Greenwood had a career high with 10 rebounds.
- Cameron Bairstow had a career high with 17 points.
Wyoming Game Notes
- Wyoming lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Cowboys have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Wyoming has lost 16 close games.
- This loss extended the Cowboys losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Derrious Gilmore and Leonard Washington) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Larry Nance Jr accounted for 34.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Derrious Gilmore has led the team in scoring 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Larry Nance Jr has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Leonard Washington has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|A||Larry Nance Jr||35||9||8||3||3||0||2|
|B+||Derek Cooke Jr||16||2||3||3||1||1||0|