Wyoming faced off with No. 20 New Mexico on Wednesday, January 30th and lost in front of the home crowd against the Lobos 63-59 in conference play. The Cowboys now have a record of 2-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Larry Nance Jr put up nine points and eight rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) for the Cowboys. Derek Cooke Jr had two points and added three rebounds. Hugh Greenwood got a double-double for the Lobos with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Wyoming (15-5, 2-5 MWC) is Colorado State (17-4, 4-2 MWC) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Wyoming Game Notes
- Wyoming started 15-5 during the 2001 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cowboys have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Wyoming has lost 16 close games.
- Prior to this game, Wyoming played 17 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 3-14.
- Wyoming has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 7 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Wyoming has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Cowboys set a season high for three-pointers.
- Wyoming set a season low for free throws made.
- The Cowboys have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Wyoming has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Cowboys opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Wyoming has a 9.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Derrious Gilmore and Leonard Washington) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Larry Nance Jr accounted for 34.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Derrious Gilmore has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Larry Nance Jr has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Leonard Washington has 4 straight double-digit point games.
New Mexico Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Cameron Bairstow and Hugh Greenwood) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Hugh Greenwood and Alex Kirk) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- Hugh Greenwood has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Hugh Greenwood recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Hugh Greenwood recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Hugh Greenwood set a career high with 10 rebounds.
- Cameron Bairstow set a career high with 17 points.