(10-10, 4-3 away)
St John's 79
(14-7, 10-4 home)
Venue: Alumni Hall (NY)
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||B Young 21
||C Melvin 13
||B Young 5
||D Harrison 17
||S Pointer 12
||J Branch 3
In a game where they turned the ball over 18 times, DePaul was clipped by St. John's 79-74 in overtime. With the loss, the Blue Demons remain winless against St. John's this season at 0-2. The Blue Demons got a game-high 21 points and five assists from Brandon Young. Jamee Crockett had 14 points and added six rebounds. Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded a double-double for the Red Storm on 11 points and 12 rebounds. DePaul (10-10, 1-6 Big East) takes on Notre Dame (17-4, 5-3 Big East) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
DePaul Game Notes
- The last time DePaul started the season 10-10 was 2000.
- DePaul beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Blue Demons have beaten the spread.
- DePaul has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Blue Demons have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 1-8.
- The Blue Demons have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, DePaul has lost 32 close games.
- The Blue Demons have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 35.7% or worse.
- DePaul has lost 75% of the time this season (3-9) after recording 13 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, DePaul has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, DePaul has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- The Blue Demons set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time DePaul recorded at least 52 rebounds was Dec 28, 2008 against Alcorn State.
- DePaul set a season low for steals.
- DePaul has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- Cleveland Melvin recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 6.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Young and Jamee Crockett) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- Brandon Young has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 20 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cleveland Melvin recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 12th of his career.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Brandon Young's career.
St. John's Game Notes
- St. John's won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Red Storm won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, St. John's has lost 16 close games.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- D`Angelo Harrison has led the team in scoring 12 times in 21 games this season.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer set career highs with 12 rebounds and 5 offensive rebounds.
- D`Angelo Harrison has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for D`Angelo Harrison.
- JaKarr Sampson has 8 straight double-digit point games.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||11||0||2||0||0||0||0|
|B+||Phil Greene IV||43||13||2||2||1||1||0|