(10-10, 4-3 away)
St John's 79
(14-7, 10-4 home)
Venue: Alumni Hall (NY)
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||B Young 21
||C Melvin 13
||B Young 5
||D Harrison 17
||S Pointer 12
||J Branch 3
In a game where they turned the ball over only five times, St. John's topped DePaul 79-74 in overtime. The Red Storm now have a record of 2-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Sir`Dominic Pointer earned a double-double for the Red Storm with 11 points and 12 rebounds. D`Angelo Harrison had a team-high 17 points and added three rebounds. For the Blue Demons, Brandon Young got a game-high 21 points and five assists. St. John's (14-7, 6-3 Big East) heads to Georgetown (15-4, 5-3 Big East) on Saturday, February 2nd.
St. John's Game Notes
- The last time SJU started the season 14-7 was 2001.
- The win over DePaul extended the St. John's winning streak to 5 games.
- St. John's has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Red Storm have played in 8 overtime games with a record of 4-4.
- The Red Storm have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, St. John's has won 29 close games.
- The Red Storm have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 39 or more rebounds.
- SJU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.7% field goal percentage.
- SJU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 3 or fewer steals.
- This season St. John's has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Sir`Dominic Pointer has 11 points or more, 85% of the time (11-2) when JaKarr Sampson plays 30 minutes or more, and 73% of the time (11-4) when D`Angelo Harrison has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Red Storm set a season high for three-point percentage.
- SJU set a season low for turnovers.
- The Red Storm have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- St. John's has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- D`Angelo Harrison has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 21 games this season.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer had career highs with 12 rebounds and 5 offensive rebounds.
- D`Angelo Harrison has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for D`Angelo Harrison.
- JaKarr Sampson has 8 straight double-digit point games.
DePaul Game Notes
- The Blue Demons have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, DePaul has lost 32 close games.
- This loss extended the Blue Demons losing streak to 5 games.
- Cleveland Melvin recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 6.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Young and Jamee Crockett) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- Brandon Young has led the team in scoring 9 times in 20 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 20 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cleveland Melvin recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 12th of his career.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Brandon Young's career.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||11||0||2||0||0||0||0|
|B+||Phil Greene IV||43||13||2||2||1||1||0|