|Utah State||P Medlin 16.3||J Shaw 8.4||M Davis 3.2|
|Idaho||K Barone 16.7||K Barone 9.7||M McChristian 2.8|
On Thursday, Utah State heads to Cowan Spectrum to take on Idaho. It gets started at 10:05 EST and you can catch it on ESPN Regional or MASN. The Aggies defeated the Vandals 82-75 on January 5th and are 8-2 against them over the past four years.
Utah State is in 4th place in the conference and needs to hold off 6th place Idaho.
In their last outing, despite 21 points and 14 rebounds from Jarred Shaw, the Aggies fell to Louisiana Tech 51-48 on January 26th. He is averaging 12.7 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 8.4 per game. For the Vandals, Kyle Barone put up 25 points and 16 rebounds in the 74-70 win over Texas-San Antonio on January 26th. He leads the team in points with 16.7 per game, rebounds with 9.7 per game, and blocks with 1.4 per game. Areas of strength for Idaho include: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.8 and effective field goal percentage at 53.8.
- Marcel Davis is ranked 8th in the WAC in assists.
- We make our fans proud. Utah State has a better record at home than Idaho this season (10-3 vs 4-5).
- People just expect us to beat you. Utah State has been the favorite 28 out of the last 31 times.
- The Utah State blocks leader (Kyisean Reed) has more blocks than the Idaho blocks leader (Kyle Barone).
- The Utah State assist leader (Marcel Davis) has more assists than the Idaho assist leader (Mike McChristian).
- Even computers respect Utah State more. We have a better RPI this season than Idaho (RPI: #138 vs #172).
- It must sting. Utah State has blown out Idaho by 20 points or more on 11 occasions since 1999.
- AP voters think more highly of Utah State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Idaho (23 vs 0).
- Preston Medlin is ranked 8th in the WAC in points and 6th in the WAC in three-pointers.
- Kyisean Reed is ranked 9th in the WAC in steals and 6th in the WAC in blocks.
|D+||R. Harris Jr.||20||7||3||2||0||0||2|