Georgia State squared off with Northeastern on Wednesday, January 30th and won on the road against the Huskies 78-73 in conference play. R.J. Hunter played well for the Panthers and put up a game-high 27 points (5 Ast 4 Reb), sinking 5 of 11 from three-point range. Rashaad Richardson also had an outstanding outing, scoring 13 points and adding six rebounds. For the Huskies, Reggie Spencer got a team-high 17 points and nine rebounds. Next up for Georgia State (11-12, 6-4 CAA) is Old Dominion (2-18, 0-8 CAA) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Georgia State Game Notes
- The last time GSU started the season 11-12 was 2004.
- GSU beat the spread by 13.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- The Panthers have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Georgia State has won 32 close games.
- Georgia State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.9% or better.
- This season Georgia State has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Rashaad Richardson has 4 field goals made or more and 75% of the time (6-2) when Devonta White has 5 assists or more.
- The Panthers set a season high for three-pointers.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Panthers came back after being down at halftime.
- R.J. Hunter recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10.
- R.J. Hunter accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (James Vincent and Manny Atkins) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- R.J. Hunter has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 23 games this season.
- James Vincent has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 23 games this season.
- Rashaad Richardson had a career high with 4 steals.
- Manny Atkins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Manny Atkins had a career high with 5 assists.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of R.J. Hunter's career.
- Devonta White has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- James Vincent had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Northeastern Game Notes
- Northeastern lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Huskies have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northeastern has lost 35 close games.
- The top two scorers (Reggie Spencer and Joel Smith) accounted for 45.2% of the points.
- Reggie Spencer accounted for 37.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Reggie Spencer has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 11 times in 21 games this season.
- Joel Smith has 6 straight double-digit point games.