Cal Poly faced off with UC Irvine on Wednesday, January 30th and was tripped up by the Anteaters 52-45 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Mustangs were led by Chris Eversley, who put up a team-high 15 points and four rebounds. Drake U`u had eight points and added eight rebounds. For the Anteaters, Adam Folker got a game-high 16 points and nine rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Cal Poly (9-10, 5-4 Big West) goes to Long Beach State (11-8, 7-1 Big West).
Cal Poly Game Notes
- Cal Poly started 9-10 during the 2002 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Cal Poly has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- Cal Poly set season lows for assists, field goals made, and total points.
- Cal Poly has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Mustangs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Chris Eversley accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Drake U`u and Dylan Royer) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- Chris Eversley has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- Chris Eversley has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Drake U`u had career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- Adam Folker accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Adam Folker and Chris McNealy) accounted for 43.3% of the rebounds.
- Adam Folker has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 8 times in 22 games this season.