Cal Poly 45
(9-10, 2-9 away)
UC Irvine 52
(11-11, 8-1 home)
Venue: Bren Events Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||C Eversley 15
||D U`u 8
||C Eversley 3
||A Folker 16
||A Folker 9
||M Wilder 4
UC Irvine beat Cal Poly 52-45 in conference action on Wednesday, January 30th. The Anteaters now have a record of 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Anteaters got the win with a game-high 16 points and nine rebounds from Adam Folker. Daman Starring had 12 points and added three rebounds. For the Mustangs, Chris Eversley finished with a team-high 15 points and four rebounds. UC Irvine (11-11, 5-4 Big West) hosts UC-Santa Barbara (7-12, 3-5 Big West) on Saturday, February 2nd.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- The last time UCI started the season 11-11 was 2004.
- UCI beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Anteaters have beaten the spread.
- The Anteaters have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 14 or more free throws made.
- UCI has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 34.9% field goal percentage.
- UCI has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 7 or fewer assists.
- This season UC Irvine has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Will Davis II has 4 field goals made or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Michael Wilder has 4 assists or more.
- UCI set season lows for field goals made, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Anteaters came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--UCI has a 18.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Adam Folker accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Adam Folker and Chris McNealy) accounted for 43.3% of the rebounds.
- Adam Folker has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 8 times in 22 games this season.
Cal Poly Game Notes
- Cal Poly lost and did not cover the spread.
- Chris Eversley accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Drake U`u and Dylan Royer) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- Chris Eversley has led the team in scoring 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Chris Eversley has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Drake U`u set career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
|B||Will Davis II||24||9||4||0||0||0||0|