Iowa State 76
(14-6, 2-6 away)
Oklahoma State 78
(14-5, 12-1 home)
Venue: Gallagher-Iba Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 30, 2013
||C Babb 19
||M Ejim 9
||K Lucious 7
||M Smart 21
||M Brown 8
||M Smart 7
On Wednesday, January 30th, Iowa State forced only eight turnovers and suffered a close loss to Oklahoma State 78-76 in conference play. Chris Babb had a big game for the Cyclones and put up a season-high 19 points, shooting 5 of 6 from three-point range. Georges Niang had 16 points and added eight rebounds. For the Cowboys, Marcus Smart got a game-high 21 points and seven assists (6 Reb 4 Stl). Iowa State (14-6, 4-3 Big 12) gets Baylor (14-6, 5-2 Big 12) on their home court on Saturday, February 2nd.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Iowa State started 14-6 during the 2011 and 2010 seasons (since 1996).
- ISU beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Cyclones have beaten the spread.
- The Cyclones have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa State has lost 24 close games.
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Iowa State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Iowa State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- ISU set season lows for blocks and steals.
- The Cyclones have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Iowa State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Cyclones opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Chris Babb and Georges Niang) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Melvin Ejim and Georges Niang) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 20 games this season.
- Will Clyburn has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- Oklahoma State won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Marcus Smart and Le`Bryan Nash) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Markel Brown and Michael Cobbins) accounted for 48.2% of the rebounds.
- Marcus Smart has led the team in scoring 7 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Marcus Smart's career.
- Marcus Smart has 3 straight double-digit point games.